Your Community Council…..
- Acts as first port of call for residents on problems in the community.
- Is consulted by Welsh Assembly Government (WAG), Conwy County Borough Council & Snowdonia National Park Authority on various issues, including all planning applications.
- Provides Community Skips at regular intervals
- Maintains Trefriw Cemetery and acts as the Burial Authority.
- Provides the majority of seats in the village.
- Reports problems on the highways to Conwy County Borough Council
- Looks after Trefriw Recreation Ground.
- Provides the village Christmas tree
- In partnership with Conwy County Borough Council, maintains public footpaths in the village.
- In partnership with Conwy Council, we administer the Henry Higgins Charitable Trusts.
- Has representatives on Trefriw Children’s Playing Field Trust
- Provides grants to Trefriw Gardening Club to buy plants for the Memorial Garden and village planters.
- Runs the management, maintenance and bookings of the Village Hall. For initial information please see the Village Hall Handbook – April 2023
The Community Council have prepared Action Plans for the financial year which can be accessed below
The Council has produced an Annual Report summarising its activities during the past municipal year. Please click to view: Annual Report 2022-23
The Council also has a statutory duty under Section 6 of the Environment Act (2016) to seek to maintain and enhance biodiversity in the exercise of it’s functions in relation to Wales. Every authority must publish a report on what they have done to comply with the duty. Please click the following link: Biodiversity Plan 2023-24 to view the latest Plan.
The Council has recently engaged with residents to identify the future hopes and visions of the community. Please click the following link: Community Engagement Event Results to view the collated feedback.